The Spring Dance is on March 10th!
Serra High School Spring Fling Dance
March 10th, 2012 - 7:00PM to 11:00PM
DOORS CLOSE AT 8:30PM
“Bésame en Barcelona” at the Four Points Sheraton
8110 Aero Drive * San Diego * California * 92123 * USA
MARCH 7th IS THE LAST DAY YOU CAN BUY A TICKET!
Ticket Prices: $25.00 w/ASB card; $30.00 w/out ASB card
ASB card discounts WILL NOT be given on the last day of ticket sales.
YOU MUST HAVE A CURRENT Serra Student ID when purchasing your ticket.
Tickets will be sold before school, at lunch and after school until WEDNESDAY MARCH 7.
1. Serra students on the Loss of Privileges List will not be allowed to attend the Spring Fling.
2. All Students must have a 2.0 Academic & Citizenship GPA to attend the Spring Fling.
3. Attire is semi-formal and MUST BE SCHOOL APPROPRIATE. The school reserves the right to deny entrance to any student dressed inappropriately.
4. If you have questions about the appropriateness of your outfit, it is probably inappropriate.
5. Each dance agreement is verified for accuracy. In the event of any forged information or signature, the student will be denied admission to the dance pending disciplinary action. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN TO STUDENTS GUILTY OF FORGERY.
6. Middle/Junior High school students, regardless of age, are not permitted to attend any dance.
7. No guests over 20 years old will be approved or admitted to the dance.
8. A Vice Principal must approve all non-Serra student guests. Non-Serra students must submit proof of 2.0 GPA and 2.0 citizenship from their current school, and do not qualify for the ASB card discount.
9. If you bring a non-Serra guest that is removed from the dance, you will also be removed.
10. No admittance to the dance after 8:30 PM. No dismissal from the dance before 10:30 PM.
11. All attendees (Serra students and their guests) must show some form of photo identification (school/military ID, driver license, etc.) to be admitted into the dance.
12. If necessary, students and their guests may be searched by school officials before or during the dance.
13. Refunds will not be issued to any person removed from the event.
14. The following are specifically prohibited at school-sponsored events: drugs, alcohol or sexually explicit dancing (i.e. freaking, grinding, or dirty dancing) and any dancing, which may result in disruption or injury (i.e. slamming, moshing, etc.)
15. All school rules apply at school-sponsored events for both students and guests. Violations may result in disciplinary action and/or removal from the dance.
16. All bags, backpacks, purses, and students are subject to search upon entry to the dance.
17. Students may be subjected to a Breathalyzer test.
18. All students must be picked up or have left the premises by 11:30PM. Parents/Guardians, if you are planning transportation for your student, please plan ahead.
Students and guests under the influence of alcohol or any other controlled substance will be denied entrance to the dance and are subject to citation and suspension, which would include a 30-day suspension of extra/co-curricular activities. Parents will be contacted to escort the student home. If parents are unable or unwilling to escort their student home, the student will be remanded to the custody of the San Diego Police Department.
Any major disruption will result in a five-day school suspension, which will preclude seniors from participation in all senior activities and the commencement ceremony.